Tuesday, September 13, 2011

mi equivocación

Okay, I was wrong about Maria.  Apparently she didn't miss us; she just slowed down and postponed her arrival.  I was awakened at 2am by sounds of strong wind, rain, and thunder.  When my alarm went off later, I wondered if we were going to have school.  (There is a river that runs by our road, and it floods often.)

"hurricane"
A river ran through our courtyard today!
We all came downstairs for morning prayer, and waited for children to arrive.  We had a total of three today (neither of mine). 

As I was sitting in my classroom getting ahead on some planning, every teacher's dream came true.  Leo came to my classroom with his laptop.  Kevin (my oldest student) had called his webcam in hopes that he could be "in school" today.  So I put him on the table, and taught him vocabulary!

Imagine that!  A student who wants to learn so badly, that even when he is flooded in, he requests school by webcam!  I am truly blessed and have the best job in the world! 
Kevin and me in school

1 comment: