Tuesday, October 5, 2010

¡Viva México!


I was doing so well with posting once a week…and then I decided to be lazy this past weekend.   I have been informed, though, that people actually read this, so here is my post…
Last week was interesting.  It started with me and one of my students butting heads for two days.  I think every conversation we had involved me scolding him.  He actually seemed to respond, though.  Then, a different student was absent for a few days, and the student with the attitude was wonderful for the rest of the week.  On Tuesday, I didn’t think I’d make it through the week.  On Friday, I was ready for more!
Also on Friday, we had Mexico day.  (A group from Jen and Judy’s church cooks lunch for us once a month, and each month they’ll be bringing food from a different culture.)  So we had lots of fun on Friday.  Each class did a small report on Mexico.  My kids learned about the Mexican muralist Diego Rivera and each recreated one of his paintings.  I was so proud of them!  They did a wonderful job.  Unfortunately, I still haven’t learned to keep my camera with me at school, so I don’t have pictures.  Maybe if all my students are in school at the same time this week, I will put up a picture this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment