Monday, October 11, 2010

oraciones contestadas


This week, I’ve come up with some reasons why I love working at a private school:
·         My students can bring their laptops to school so we have enough working computers for them to type their memoirs.
·         My kids were begging to look at blood under the microscope, so last week ended with three students pricking each others’ fingers to get blood samples.
·         We had planned on taking this Monday off for Columbus Day.  Then we found out that the Puerto Rican schools were closed on Tuesday.  So what did we do?...we took them both off!  (Be assured, though, that we spent a good part of today in our classrooms working)
So, when I get tired or frustrated…God gives me these sorts of reminders to let me know that this is the right place for me to be!

Speaking of God…

When I looked out my window this morning and saw the shining sun, I decided to go for a walk on the beach.  I went downstairs to the van, and I realized that I had forgotten to grab my cell phone.  I was going to leave it, but for some reason I felt strongly that I should go upstairs and get it. 
After a lovely walk, I got back in the van to come home.  To my dismay, the van wouldn’t start.  First, I panicked.  Then, I thanked God for reminding me to get my phone.  Then I called for help.  Jen and Judy arrived shortly with jumper cables.  The three of us plus two owner’s manuals successfully jumped the van. 
When we got home, we briefly discussed what we should do about the car battery.  Since none of us know much about cars, we decided to wait until later to figure it out.  Not long after that, our friend, who helps us every once in a while with maintenance jobs around the school, showed up unexpectedly at the gate.  He had intended on fixing a rain gutter, but instead he took a look at the van! 
Isn’t God wonderful?  He answers prayers even before you pray them.

No comments:

Post a Comment