Sunday, February 17, 2013

repetición



Gaby and Saúl have been learning addition with carrying.  They caught on to the concept pretty quickly and are steadily refining their new-found skill.

I have tried to be creative in giving the boys lots of practice.  I really hate giving kids endless piles of worksheets, so I hit the art room in search of inspiration.  Here are some of the things we’ve done.

  
Pipe cleaners and makeshift dry-erase boards


 Stamps and big note cards on the floor

The stamps were a big hit!
I’ve been using a battery-powered Bingo game to randomly distribute numbers for all the activities.  This has been one of the best things to happen to math class.  I think the boys would add all day if it meant that they could keep pushing the red and blue buttons!


No comments:

Post a Comment