Monday, January 21, 2013

otra semana corta



Last week was another great one in the classroom.  Maybe we should always have four-day school weeks! 

Here’s a look at some of the picture-worthy things we’ve been doing in Social Studies class:

I enjoy watching the kids help one another and work together.  Surprisingly, this instance did not end up in a brotherly fight.
Gaby is sorting pictures of cities, towns, and farms.
Saúl is making a clay city, town, and farm.


Larimar, Kioney, and Mizael are learning about where they live, too.
 And now Art class:

We're learning about form.  The kids had been begging me to use the sewing machine, so we turned 2-D fabric into 3-D pillows!
 

 

 The older kids made pipe-cleaner sculptures.  I was most impressed with the creativity of their titles.
 

Now, they are working on clay coil pots.  Here are the beginning and middle stages.  I'll post the finished products later.

  
I hope you enjoyed our week as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment