Saturday, January 12, 2013

correspondencia



I really missed the kids while we were on break, so it was nice to see their smiling faces on Tuesday morning.  The smiling faces set the tone for the whole week in my classroom.

My favorite pat of the week was my Social Studies class with Larimar, Kioney, and Mizael.  On Wednesday, we started an exciting semester-long endeavor.  We are going to be video pen-pals with my friend’s second grade class in Brooklyn.  Instead of using a webcam to interact (due to poor internet signals on both ends), we will make videos, save them to a USB drive, and mail them to each other.  What I love about this system is that the kids still get to experience the excitement of receiving and opening mail. 

In our first video, the kids introduced themselves and taught the other class the alphabet in sign language.  I am eager to watch the two classes interact as they learn more about one another and realize that they have a lot in common.  I love it when I have great opportunities like this to expand the horizons of my students.  Thank you Sam for coming up with this great idea!

If you’re interested, here is our first video.


No comments:

Post a Comment