Sunday, December 9, 2012

gráficos, mapas, cascanueces, y más

With only two and a half weeks of school until Christmas break, it can be difficult to keep the students' attention in class.  With that in mind, I worked extra hard to come up with engaging activities for the home stretch of the year.  It turned out that I needed this excitement as well, since I wasn't feeling well this week.  Thankfully, once I got in the classroom with the kids, it was easier to forget about my aches and pains (with a little medicinal help!).

So, here's the week in review...

We used our map of Sunny Peace Town to learn about map grids.  Here is Kioney using our large map and grid to make a small map of the town.
 



Saúl, Gaby, and I are working on measurement in math class.  Here we are making a life-sized bar graph of the heights of all the students.
 


After we made the bars, we measured and labeled each one.



In Social Studies, we're learning about transportation.  Here, we're sorting our word wall cards into three groups: air, land, and sea.  They had a lot more fun with this than I thought they would!

 

Later in the week, we had a Christmas measuring scavenger hunt.  The boys ran around the school measuring the Christmas decorations.



 
 

Thankfully Rebekah came to lend her hands!


I ended the week on a Christmas note as well.  Last night, Betsy, Judy, and I went to see The Nutcracker at the arts center in San Juan.  One of our friends is playing the harp in the orchestra.  The show was well done and very entertaining.  It was nice to get dressed up and feel cultured.  Now I'm even more in the Christmas spirit, and I can't wait to go home and bake lots of cookies!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment