Thursday, August 23, 2012

una tormenta al sur


I found myself drawn to the ocean today; it has always been one of the places where I feel closest to God.  There, I can see His qualities clearly: His power in the wind, His peace in the gentle sound of the breaking waves, His refreshment in the cool water, His infinite being in the horizon, His warm affection in the sunshine, and His vast love in the ocean’s depths.

Today, as a result of a storm to our south, the sea became a manifestation of God’s strength.  Powerful waves crashed on the vacant beach.  The normally calm, clear water was fierce.  The waves broke in shades of brown as the depths were churned to the surface. 

As I stood ankle-deep in the Atlantic, struggling to remain still through the gusting winds, I was reminded that God’s power is made perfect in my weakness.  I stood weak and vulnerable at the edge of an intense and perilous force of nature, yet I contemplated the fact that with God, I have nothing to fear.  I can be as strong as the sea when I put my trust in Him.



1 comment: