Saturday, March 10, 2012

arte de crayolas



You may be wondering what this is...it's art, of course!

Jen has been looking for a way to use up old crayons, and she found this fun project on pinterest.com.  The timing was perfect because I was in the middle of teaching about color in my art classes.


The project is so simple, and so fun...all you have to do is glue some crayons on a piece of cardboard and melt them with a hairdryer. 




I was able to use it to teach the younger kids about mixing primary colors to make secondary colors. 



 The older kids learned about warm and cool colors through this project.




The kids' enthusiasm was reminiscent of last year's packing tape sculpture phase.  I love when the students get so excited...I wonder what the next craze will be.  

I think Jen is already consulting pinterest for me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment