Monday, February 27, 2012

el puente Teodoro Moscoso



Yesterday, I jogged/walked in the World’s Best 10K!  This is the most famous race in Puerto Rico.  It takes place in San Juan over the Moscoso Bridge.  Since I have no other 10K to compare it to, I will choose to believe it is, in fact, the world’s best.

There were 10,995 participants in the race from all over the world, and I can proudly say that I came in 6,233rd place! 

I had planned on walking the whole thing, but adrenaline took over a bit.  Jen and I managed to run over the Moscoso Bridge one time before our lungs/legs needed a rest.  By the time we looped around and headed back over the bridge (about 5K) I never thought I would make it to the finish line.  But before we knew it, we were sprinting toward the bright lights and cheering fans. One hour and 29 minutes after we had started, we were receiving our Gatorades and medals. 

Here are some highlights from the race… the Kenyan men hit the 5K mark while we were somewhere between our first and second K’s… the Kenyan women followed shortly after …there was a man on a unicycle, another running backwards, and another dressed as Charlie Chaplin (I’m still not sure why!).  We were also able to see the last racer…a man using a walker.  That kind of determination is amazing to watch…it gave me goose bumps!

This was a fantastic experience.  I’m so glad I went, and I look forward to many more races to come.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elizabeth - Congratulations to you and Jen! This was a huge accomplishment. I am proud of you and all the things you have accomplished over these last couple of years. You are an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete