Sunday, August 21, 2011

¿una tormenta?


This week in six words…
Eager students must bear unwell teacher.  (Sounds a bit like a boring news headline, doesn’t it?)

Monday morning was the beginning of serious school this year.  I was pleasantly surprised by the positive attitudes of my teenage boys.  Kevin is ready and excited to learn a lot this year.  He has a goal of graduating in two years.  Kristian is happy to be in the high school class for the first time.  So far, his behavior is helping him to earn his stay here.  Pray that these attitudes last for longer than a week!

Unfortunately I’ve been battling a headache all week.  Thankfully my students and fellow teachers have graciously put up with my lack of energy and lackluster attitude.  Hope this discomfort will soon subside. 

On a brighter note, we’re expecting a storm today!  It’s not yet a hurricane, but who knows what Irene will be by the time she reaches Luquillo.  In light of this impending weather, we had an abbreviated church service so that people could get home to batten down the hatches. 

This could be my first big storm here.  We’ve got plenty of candles, matches, and cans of soup.  I’m getting all my computer work and copying done today in case we have no power for a while.  Last time we had this much hype for a storm was Hurricane Earl last year.  But I didn’t even have to close my windows for that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment