Sunday, February 6, 2011

los mitos


I can’t believe it’s already February.  The past two weeks in my classroom have been exhausting as teenage emotions and drama have been present in full force.  But nonetheless, we’ve been pushing forward and we’re still smiling sometimes!

Here’s a highlight from the week:
In writing class, we’ve been studying myths.  Last week my students chose a myth that they would practice and perform in American Sign Language on video.  It was a real treat to watch their progression as they learned and practiced their myths this week.  They were actually asking for more time to do so every day.  There was a lot of nervous laughter as they came face-to-face with the camera lens, but it in end, all the stories came out very well.  This has also been a good learning experience for me as I was able to see various ASL storytelling techniques. 

(I hope to post the myth videos soon.)

Please pray for en extra measure of God’s peace in our classrooms and in the lives of our students in the weeks and months to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment