Sunday, November 21, 2010

una cuenta

Every Friday, my students read a book to the pre-k/kindergarten class. This is often my favorite time of the week.

This past Friday, they read a book about a scavenger hunt and then planned one for the little kids. To my dismay, my students were really dragging that morning. They lethargically stood up in front of the little kids to being reading. (I thought it was going to be impossible for them to keep the kids’ attention.) Then, all of a sudden, they spun around so we could not see their faces. They appeared to be scheming. Then next thing we knew, they jumped and spun back around with grinning, excited faces. (Sometimes I really love them!)

After the story---the hunt began!
You can almost feel their excitement, can't you?

Saúl is searching really hard for the next clue!

When they had found the last clue and eaten the prize, they decided to work together to create a scavenger hunt for Kristian and Judy.

After all that fun we enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving dinner with the ladies from Palmas Community Church.  It was the first of what will be at least 5 Thanksgivings that we'll have.


On Saturday, Jen and I were geared up to do a 5K (my first ever) at Parque Central in San Juan.  It was a beautiful day.  Sunny and clear, warm and breezy.  We punched the race address into Garmin, and an hour later we arrived at our destination: Parque Central...de los Niños.  We quickly realized that this was not the Parque Central that we wanted--this was a kid's park!  After driving around searching for some other central park in the city, the start time for the race came and went.  So what were we to do but got out for Chinese food?

My first 5K was so easy--maybe next time I'll do a 10K!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm! I wonder if you did this on purpose. TeeHee!
    It sounds like you are having a wonderful experience. I can't wait to see you.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete