Monday, November 15, 2010

gracias

Here's another reason I love my job:

This morning my kids were in some kind of funk. I could see it in their faces that it was going to be a rough day. So after chapel, I jokingly said to Betsy (the teacher in the room next to me--and the principal), "Let's switch kids today."

And she said, "Okay!"

A half-hour later when I returned to my class, my children were sitting quietly with smiles on their faces and with their vocabulary notebooks open and ready on their desks.

So, this post is for you, Betsy. Thank you for coming to my rescue in a moment of desperation, for lending me your sweet and smiling children, and most of all--for straightening out my hormonal teenagers so that we could have a smooth day.

1 comment:

  1. any time they (or you) need therapy, give me the code word and I will be there!

    ReplyDelete