Tuesday, September 14, 2010

photos

I brought my camera to school today.  Enjoy...

Here is the photo alphabet in the front of my classroom.  I hope to have my students make one using pictures taken around the school. 


After lunch, the kids made a human pyramid (sort of).  Betsy's class is reading a story that tells about animals piling on top of each other, so she wanted to take pictures for the kids to write their own version.


I think you probably guessed what happened next!


Kevin is helping Mizael with his work.  Don't you just love to see that sort of thing?


In science, we're learning about cells.  Here are my students making a model of a plant cell with jello and candy.


Here's a better view of their smiling faces.  From left to right is Edwin, Johanely, and Kevin.


 Obviously, we had to to try some.  How often do you get the chance to say, "Today I ate some cytoplasm"?


At the end of the day, we have bell practice.  Last spring, Johanely took over the role of director.



I hope you enjoyed the small peek into our day.  I'll try to be better about keeping my camera with me so I can share more photos!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Elizabeth for giving me a glimpse into your daily life. What beautiful young men and women you are working with. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog! And thank you for the update! I have a good friend that teaches the deaf and hard of hearing down in a public school in nyc. He writes an awesome blog full of teaching resources check it out here - http://followingyourbliss.blogspot.com/ . Teaching is not about what you teach, how you teach, where you teach, what language you teach in, or what language your students speak. It is about heart and inspiring your students to want to learn. Both of which you have and do well. So I bet when they see you run to your asl book or colleague with a translation question they are thinking to themselves 'she is learning just like me and it is not as easy as it looks', that or 'Man why couldn't we get the american teacher that speaks asl and spanish!
    Good luck you are doing great!
    Jeremy says hi and misses you!

    ReplyDelete