Monday, August 9, 2010

el primer dia

First day of school!

A group from Buffalo has come to open our school year with a week of Vacation Bible School.  That means we don't start teaching until next Monday--so I've got seven more days of nerves. 

Almost half of the students did not come today--including my two--so I had the chance to practice my Spanish with a three-year old.  Talk about a confidence boost--I have definitely mastered three-year-old Spanish!

We had fun today, though, and I am looking forward to hanging out (hopefully) with my own students tomorrow.  I'm exhausted from chasing the little ones!  That's why I'm writing this from the hammock on my front porch--my eyelids are becoming heavier with each word I type.

1 comment:

  1. Your three year old Spanish is better than mine any day. I just found out today that I am getting another student teacher this year. No one can shine your shoes.

    ReplyDelete