Saturday, March 12, 2011

cinta adhesiva


This week was eventful to say the least.  Our staff has been studying spiritual warfare this semester, and we saw evidence of it in each classroom.  As expected, though, God has carried us through it!

In art class we’ve been having some fun with packing tape.  Inspired by sculptor Mark Jenkins, we have been making sculptures of our own.  (Visit his website to see some really interesting photos http://xmarkjenkinsx.com/)  What started out as a project for the oldest kids has quickly spread around the school.  Almost every student has, at this point, wrapped something or has been wrapped.  I seldom see the kids this excited about something.  I rarely see the little ones sit as still as they do when they are being wrapped!  Who knew that hours of entertainment could be provided by plastic wrap, packing tape, and scissors?

We are currently making a life-sized statue of Johanely.  I’ll post the final product as well as the rest of the sculptures when they are finished.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Liz,
    Remember me?? Sorry it's been so long. It sounds like you are doing well. I love the art project and am going to tell Jen about it.
    I have some bad news. Clinton is being let go as the AIS teacher after giving 5 years of his service. We are also losing Danielle and Michelle as well, all due to budget cuts coming from Albany. There is a heavy gloom over Kensico school and other schools as well.
    My student teacher, Traci has been working out very well. How can I have been so lucky two years in a row?
    I hope your dad is well.

    ReplyDelete